Brian Jonestown Massacre
Good Morning Girl
This song is the soundtrack to everything.
Sapphire Shores - Moss Moon
'Divine' - Sebastien Tellier
On behalf of France in the Eurovision, 2008.
Troy, Madeline, Francesco and Jack make up indie-rock outfit When We Were Small. They’ve been making bouncy, swoony, soul-filled, fish and chip-fuelled tunes together since 2010.
They’re one of this year’s six Unearthed High finalists!
- I will in all likelihood have my novel 'The Wonder Room' ready to submit to publishers.
- I will be looking to redraft either the novel I have planned for this year’s NaNoWriMo, 'Mersey Street', or, I’ll be reworking the novel from my first one, 'We, The Disappeared'.
- I plan to start an ongoing A/V project called ‘Non-Repeater’.
- I will get the equipment to home-record something for my solo music project Greyhands. (I’d like to do an album, but I’m not committing to anything more than an E.P. yet).
- I hope to do an E.P. with my band, Leaping Felix.
- If these recordings happen, I’ll be making music videos for both Leaping Felix and Greyhands.
- I will direct at least one short film (at this stage, it could be as many as three).
- I’ll be involved in a few others too.
All of this can happen next year, and I’m going to make sure that it does. Next year will be my fourth non-consecutive year without regular full-time work or study, and I can’t let it be like the other three. So I’m making plans. I’m talking to excited people. I’m making this public. Because if I talk about it, it’s more likely to happen. It’s not guaranteed, but it’s more likely.
This is the life I secretly wanted to live when I was fourteen. It’s the life I openly want to live now. I’m only just waking up the the fact that I can have it if I really want it.
And I do want it.
More than anything else, I want this.
Chelsea Wolfe - 'Movie Screen' [live at Amoeba]
I’ve been really getting into Chelsea Wolfe these last 24 hours since The Needle Drop reviewed her new album. She’s like a Radiohead-meets-P.J. Harvey kind of gothic noise-rocker. If you’re feeling a little too happy and you’re partial to Portishead-ish trip-hop-y stuff, then give this song a listen.